- This event has passed.
May 2023 Meeting
May 4 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 am
Topic: Harassment in the Workplace
The Prevention and Elimination of Harassment in the Workplace.
- What is harassment?
- Forms of harassment.
- Who are the perpetrators and the victims?
- The employer’s obligation to protect victims of harassment.
- Under what circumstances can a victim of harassment claim protection from an employer?
- Procedure for lodging complaints with an employer.
- Protection outside the ambit on an employment relationship.
Click on "Book Now" below to choose your booking options.
Guest Speaker: Carmen Abboy
Carmen Abboy is an Employment Law Attorney with 13 years’ experience in both individual and collective labour law.
She currently practises at firm of attorneys, Livingston Leandy Incorporated.
She has represented and provided advice to clients in the sugar industry, the shipping and logistics industry, the motor industry, the metal industry, the wood and paper sector, the finance industry, the food industry and higher education institutions.
Carmen has served on the South African Society for Labour Law (SASLAW), KwaZulu-Natal Chapter Committee as the Chapter’s President, its Vice-President and as a Committee Member. She remains a member of SASLAW.