- This event has passed.
July 2016 Meeting
Jul 7, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 am
Topic: Authentic Leadership
In this frantic day and age, the concept of leadership has changed greatly. How do we lead our companies and communities in a way that reamins true to who we are and what we believe in?
Guest Speaker: Angela Klute
Angela Klute started her career in Brand management at Unilever in 1995 straight from University, where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Economics & Marketing Cum Laude.
Her career has included several roles in Regional, Global & local teams. This has allowed her to work across several categories in the business: Personal Care, Home Care & Foods. Some of the positions she has held include:
- Regional Category Vice President – Foods – Africa Region
- Marketing Vice President Personal Care South Africa - on the local South African Board
- Regional Category Vice President – Skin Care & Cleanse category for Africa, Middle East & Turkey.
- Regional Category Vice President – Spreads & Dressings for ASIA/Africa/ Middle East, Turkey
- Regional Brand Director – Hair Care – Africa, Middle East & Turkey. This was based in Istanbul, Turkey
- Regional Category Director – Skin – Africa
- Brand Building Director – Laundry South Africa
- Various Brand Management Roles in both Skin Care and Laundry – South AfricaAngela is married to Daryn and has two young daughters, Chloe’ (5 years old) and Jade (2 years old). Her family is her priority and she playing with the kids (they usually get to decide what we do!), going to the beach, travelling and entertaining friends & family with good food and wine. Keeping healthy for Angela includes doing Pilates, and occasionally attending Adult Dance classes.