Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- What is the name of your business and what is your role? Tilanie Grote Photography - owner
- Describe your business in two sentences. Durban-based portrait and lifestyle photographer. Focusing and passionate about personal branding and family photography.
- How long have you been in business? Going on 8 years.
- How did you get into this business? I think my interest was sparked by my husband being a photographer as well as me doing scrapbooking and looking for beautiful images to use. I am also creative so this is a wonderful outlet for my creativity.
- What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced, and how did you overcome it? I think in the current climate it is always finding more clients. I am doing my best with being active and visible on social media, being involved with networking and charity work.
- What single trait/skill could you not have succeeded without? I think I have the ability to make people feel super comfortable, so I do have a large amount of repeat clients.
- What is the best business advice you’ve received? ‘It is what it is” – I always want everything to be perfect and work in my favour but had to learn that sometimes situations just is what it is and you have to deal with it.
- Your secret to business success is? Consistency in what you do.
- What is your business goal for 2021? I would really like to grow my personal branding area of my photography a lot this year.
- Tell us one thing that not many people know about you? I am also a trained massage therapist and reiki practitioner.