Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- What is the name of your business and what is your role? Tracy-Lee Galloway – Franchisee / Centre Director
- Describe your business in two sentences. Professional tuition online and in-centre for maths, English, Afrikaans and Physics. We individualise a programme for you after we have completed a free assessment.
- How long have you been in business? 15 years
- How did you get into this business? I was looking for part-time works. A friend was working for Kip McGrath Toti. She introduced me. The first night of my Kip teacher training I proclaimed that I would own a centre instead of just teach in one. 6 months later I opened Kip McGrath Umhlanga.
- What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced, and how did you overcome it? Myself! I have learnt to be kind to myself. I have realised that “me time” is very important. So as I work six days of the week, I never work on a Sunday as a rule. I try to exercise well, eat well and sleep well. A happy boss means happy workers.
- What single trait/skill could you not have succeeded without? Perseverance.
- What is the best business advice you’ve received? To listen to your customers and staff. To hear what they are saying so you can best serve them.
- Your secret to business success is? Be true to yourself.
- What is your business goal for 2021? To break even in my business – that is, to not let this pandemic beat me.
- Tell us one thing that not many people know about you? I wanted to be a travel agent so I could travel the world whilst earning money.