Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- What is the name of your business and what is your role? I work for a corporate named Reutech Communications, part of the JSE listed Reunert group and situated in New Germany, Durban. My role is to take care of the corporate branding, co-ordinate all events including national and international exhibitions and coordinate internal and external communications.
- Describe your business in two sentences. Reutech Communications is the only company on the continent that is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of combat military radios. We design and manufacture secure digital communication solutions for defence forces on land, sea and air.
- How long have you been in business? This is my second time around at the company. In total, I have been with the company for 14 years.
- How did you get into this business? I convinced them that they needed me!
- What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced, and how did you overcome it? “… and still face! I work in a male dominated environment with products that are extremely technical. Over the years I often felt overwhelmed and frustration as I expected myself to understand my work environment beyond my ability. In 2021 I will not be so hard on myself. I will surround myself with internal and external stakeholders that help me to achieve the tasks ahead, be it editorial, new layouts of brochures or digital marketing. I have to constantly remind myself that I can gather a “team” around me and that I do not have to do it all alone. I have a good dose of perfectionism, and it is often my worst enemy. Brené Brown says that when perfectionism is in the driving seat, shame always rides shotgun and fear is your backseat driver!” So true!
- What single trait/skill could you not have succeeded without? Perseverance and “getting up” again and again!
- What is the best business advice you’ve received? Talk less and listen more. Don’t be afraid to ask and ask the right questions for the outcome you desire. (I struggle with this one!)
- Your secret to business success is? Plan your work and work your plan!
- What is your business goal for 2020? Before end November, I need to plan and align my 2021 tasks to the Local and Export strategic marketing goals! Eeeeehhhh!
- Tell us one thing that not many people know about you? One of my hobbies is painting with oils.