Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- What is the name of your business and what is your role? Kip McGrath Education Centres Umhlanga and Bluff
- Describe your business in two sentences. Professional tuition online and in-centre for maths, English, Afrikaans and Physics. We individualise a programme for your child after we conduct a free assessment.
- How long have you been in business? 14 years
- How did you get into this business? A colleague was a Kip teacher and asked me if I wanted to teach at Kip with her. The first night of training as a Kip teacher I knew that I wanted to buy a centre not just teach in one.
- What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced, and how did you overcome it? The belief that I can succeed as a businesswoman because I was a teacher by profession. I learnt to be positive and to give out positive vibrations daily. It is what I teach my students.
- What single trait/skill could you not have succeeded without? Perseverance.
- What is the best business advice you’ve received? Be true to yourself.
- Your secret to business success is? To listen to my students and my staff. To hear what they are saying so I can best serve them.
- What is your business goal for 2020? To be a survivor of the pandemic in every way.
- Tell us one thing that not many people know about you? I wanted to be a professional ballerina when I grew up. I started dancing when I was 4yrs old but sadly my tendons did not allow me to progress to points.