BUSINESS PROFILE – SHAKTI RAMPHUL
- What is the name of your business and what is your role?
Business Partners Limited. I am an Investment Officer meaning I am tasked with facilitating loans to businesses.
- Describe your business in two sentences.
Business Partners is a risk financier. We provide tailor-made finance solutions to businesses for both business and property finance.
- How long have you been in business?
I have been with Business Partners for 3 years and 1 month.
- How did you get into this business?
My passion for numbers and helping people led me to this wonderful company.
- What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced, and how did you overcome it?
A client had identified a property which he was keen on purchasing. The seller was asking for R5,5m while we could see the property was worth less than that. I stepped in, got a valuation done on the property and negotiated with the seller. The property was purchased for R 4,3m by my client.
- What single trait/skill could you not have succeeded without?
Networking and marketing. The importance of building relationships is key in order to remain active in the market.
- What is the best business advice you’ve received?
“Do not over promise and under deliver”
- Your secret to business success is?
Always keep in mind what the clients expectations are and deliver timeously. You will not always have the answers that they want to hear, but ensure that you do not promise what cannot be delivered.
- What is your business goal for 2020?
I am part of a team responsible for investing R100m into the SME market. This is for both business and property finance. My goal is to outlay as much as possible to ensure growth of SMEs.
- Tell us one thing that not many people know about you?
I am on a mission to try out every mutton bunny outlet in Durban!