- What is the name of your business and what is your role? McGuinness Insurance Brokers – Short Term Insurance Broker & Partner
- Describe your business in two sentences. McGuinness Insurance Brokers provides insurance for Domestic and Commercial clients, who we have longstanding relationships with that have been built on trust and good communication. We pride ourselves on establishing and nurturing relationships and are passionate about friendly and efficient service delivery.
- How long have you been in business? I have been in the Insurance Industry for the last 24 years fulfilling various roles, and gaining the knowledge and experience along the way which has prepared me for where I am now. I started my exciting new journey with McGuinness Insurance Brokers in June 2014.
- How did you get into this business? I was offered a fantastic opportunity and challenge to grow a book of business and become a partner in McGuinness Insurance Brokers with the long term goal of becoming the business owner in the next 3 to 5 years.
- What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced, and how did you overcome it? Growing a book of business from zero to seeing growth in leaps and bounds each month, I have had to develop a way to overcome the “No’s” and not take it personally. Never give up, learn from your mistakes and always find a way!
- What single trait/skill could you not have succeeded without? Passion for making a difference in people’s lives, and building trust based on honesty and integrity.
- What is the best business advice you’ve received? Stop talking and LISTEN …… Let it Go ….
- Your secret to business success is? Always follow up and keep your clients informed… be present, be resilient and bounce back!
- What is your business goal for 2015? Be the Best I can Be, always Add Value and don’t sweat the small stuff! “If you don’t like something .. change it. If you can’t change it…. Change your attitude!”
- Tell us one thing that not many people know about you? I completed the Comrades Marathon in 2000
GUEST AUTHOR BIO
Sue St Leger
Owner of Sue St Leger & Associates
Sue St Leger & Associates
Sue St.Leger, owner of Sue St Leger & Associates, shares her personal tips and thoughts on the importance of women supporting other women in business, leadership and networking. As an experienced profiler and emotional intelligence assessor, she encourages fostering a supportive and empowering environment for women through self-development.