Nicci Hosking – Embetween Communications & KZNWIB & Dunks' Electrical
Position in Company
- EM Between = Public Relations Consultant
- KZNWIB = Administrator
- Dunks’ Electrical = Office Administrator
Years in Business
- I think I’ve been with EM Between for 9 years…jeepers time flies when you’re having fun!
- I’ve been the KZNWIB Administrator for +/- 3 years
- I have worked for Dunks’ Electrical for about 4 years!
Describe what your company does in 2 sentences.
- EM Between: The core of what we do is below-the-line media coverage, assisting our clients in gaining as much free coverage in print and online media
- KZNWIB: As most of you should know – we are a non profit networking organization!
- Dunks’ Electrical: Industrial & Commercial Electricians
What is the first thing you do every morning?
Enjoy a beautiful cup of tea, (made by my hubby) and watch the news…mainly to see what the weather is doing that day, so that I can plan what to wear accordingly!
What is the best business advice you ever received?
Eat your worms early – this means…do the tedious tasks that you absolutely hate doing first…and get them out of the way so you can enjoy the rest of your day going forward!
Trust your gut!!!
Who would be your top three people to invite to dinner? Think celebrities, historical figures, whoever you like!
This is really tough…so many awesome people to choose…hmm…
- My Grandpa Joe – he passed away the year I was born…and I am told we are pretty similar and would’ve gotten on like a house on fire…so it would be awesome to experience that!
- Maya Angelou – I think she was just an awesome inspirational lady full of knowledge!
- Graham Norton – he is just such a hoot!
If you were a crayon, what colour would you be and why?
Red – to match my fiery Aries nature! Hahaha!
What is your favourite place on Earth and why?
The beach! Nothing beats the smell of the salty air, the sand between your toes and the sun on your skin!
Where do you see yourself in five year’s time?
Hopefully still working for the best boss in the world…aka…my sister, Emma Dunk and also helping KZNWIB and meeting all the awesome ladies there every month!
Tell us one random thing that few people know about you.
I often joke that I’m a bit of ‘Jack of all trades…master of none’ but I am actually a qualified Somatologist specialising in Massage, Reflexology and Aromatherapy!