1. What is the name of your business and what is your role? Montrose CC. I am a Sales Consultant
2. Describe your business in two sentences. Montrose works with a number of Print and Packaging manufacturers, who we find business for. We hold the relationship with the clients; running with any packaging and print products that they require keeping service as a priority.
3. How long have you been in business? Montrose was started in 2005 by my mother, Lindsay Alexander. I started in March 2012.
4. How did you get into this business? I worked in London for 3.5 years in Human Resources and was moving into the Learning & Development direction. When I moved back to Durban I looked for a relevant role for 4 months and had no luck. Lindsay was looking to expand her business at the time and we decided it made sense for me to join and try out a new career.
5. What makes you go to work in the morning? Being out of the corporate world! And of course, the harder I work the better the company does and the better I do which is a great motivator!
6. What is your favourite part of your work day? Getting to meet new people and forming good relationships – Durban has so many amazing people.
7. Your secret to business success is? We have built up good relationships with various manufacturers therefore enabling us to give our clients top class service and competitive prices (which is very necessary in this economic climate).
8. What is your business goal for 2013? Montrose’s goal for 2013 is to keep up our quality of service; to maintain competitive pricing and to increase our client base.