Member Profile: Lea Kassner, Simplea Candles
- What is the name of your business and what is your role? Simplea Candles – I am the owner
- Describe your business in two sentences. We manufacture colour changing candles – the candles change colour when you light them – a real unique product and recently we are bringing in some LED lighting/floating candles for the wedding/function industry!
- How long have you been in business? 4 years
- Why did you start this business? When I separated from my ex husband – I realized how financially dependent I was on him – I have always wanted to do something on my own to prove to myself that I can do something and make a success of it – maybe not so much financially but more emotionally – but it is a challenge to believe that you can do it.
- What makes you go to work in the morning? My kids and the reaction I get when people actually see the candle in motion and the joy it brings! It’s a happy/feel good product!
- What is your favourite part of your work day? When I get a nice order! I get so excited! It feels like Christmas!
- Your secret to business success? Passion for your product and for life and passion for wanting to be a success! I wish I could say that I am an amazing candle guru, but alas I am not! I think asking questions and getting help when you feel overwhelmed and knowing it’s ok not to know everything! I truly believe my candles are amazing products that sell themselves – I am very blessed!
- What is your business goal for 2013? Obviously to grow and to land one nice big account that takes candles on a regular basis and consistently – a nice chain store/spa group of some kind would be very very nice