2018-2018 Charity - Saint Giles
KZNWIB have selected Saint Giles as their charity to support in 2018-2019 following a nomination and voting process open to all members. All profits made during the financial year are donated to the organization. Below is information on the association and their needs as well as ways in which KZNWIB can support them.
About Saint Giles
Saint Giles is a dynamic non-profit organisation with a heart for providing service and support to the disabled community in Durban. It has a long history and celebrated 65 years in 2017.
How do they enable the disabled you may ask …?
- have a remedial gym where people who are or have become disabled can come for exercise therapy with trained staff.
- have a work centre which employs about 80 disabled people to pack, assemble or sort various products. These employees work on a full time basis with all the relevant benefits.
- offer educational bursaries to financial needy disabled people who would like to study in academia.
- have a charity shop where good quality second hand items are donated and sold to staff and the community for reasonable prices.
- offer reduced appliance hire such as wheelchairs, walkers and crutches.
Saint Giles has all their official ducks in a row with various NPO certificates, including being level 1 B-BBEE certified.
Interested and want to know more? Join them on a tour of their facilities. They do a public open day bi-monthly and special tours for groups of five or more.
If you would like ANY further information please do not hesitate to contact Brenda Craig on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 031 337 4404.